Adsense

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Nominated For A Liebster Award...


Hello lovely people! A little while back I was nominated twice for a Liebster award by the blogging lovelies that are: Nyss from Miss Nyss Beauty Magpie & Bec from Right-Up-My-Street.

I hadn't heard of this award until people had nominated me but the word 'liebster' is an endearing German word that means dearest or favourite. The award itself is an award for bloggers with under 200 followers who deserve some recognition, who can then go on to nominate other bloggers for this award.

It's lovely to be nominated and I can't wait to nominate others for this award (below)!

There are a few rules for those nominated to follow:

*  Post 11 random facts about yourself (this is stated on some rules and not on others, but you might want to do it just for fun :)). I did a recent (ish) post on random facts about me, so I thought I would link it here.

* Answer the questions that have been set for you by whoever nominated you for this award.

* Choose 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to nominate for this award, link them in this post and let them know they have been nominated by commenting on their blog/tweeting them.

* Create 11 new questions for your chosen bloggers.

* No tag backs.

Here are my answers to the questions Nyssa set for me:

1- How long have you been blogging for and why did you start?

I started blogging in June 2011, shortly after I started making videos on YouTube. Through YouTube I got to know other vloggers, aswell as people on Twitter who blogged aswell as vlogged or who just blogged. I generally like writing, so I thought this would be something I'd like to do and I did like the idea of not only getting to express my opinion on certain things but getting to know people through blogging and the opportunity of working with companies. I like everything that comes with blogging; getting to know some lovely people, working with companies, expressing my opinion and there are some amazing opportunities that come with blogging. I take pride in my blog and in the fact that I am honest within my posts and only work with companies if I am generally interested in such item/product that they have to offer, whether it be good or bad within my review/feature.

2- What is on the top of your beauty product wish list?

Hmm, at the moment it isn't anything too expensive to be honest. I like using cleansing waters and there has been a lot of hype about the Bioderma cleansing water. So I am waiting for it to come to my local Boots so I can get some with my points :).

3- What would you do if you won the lottery?

If it was a big time, life changing win then I'd pay off any debts, including any my mom, sister and dad have, along with Si's fam aswell. I'd give them some to spend too. Then the first thing me and Si would do is pay off all our wedding stuff, including a honeymoon (if we won before the marriage) and then travel the world :). Ooh good times...it's gotta happen one day, right?

4- Do you wear make-up every day?

Not every day, no. If I'm just around the house, sometimes I just wear moisturiser, but other times if I'm feeling a bit 'bleurgh', I will use a BB cream. When going outside the house I usually wear make-up, but again there can be days when I'm feeling good and just wear a BB cream. It depends on how I'm feeling.

5- Is there one product that you wouldn't want to live without and think everyone should try?

Ermmmm, since using it I've been absolutely loving Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream. I've re-purchased it a couple of times (basically every time I've run out) and I think it's fab. I love how lightweight it is, it is oil free (which I tend to love in any beauty product) and its coverage is pretty decent, maybe with a little concealer in certain areas over the top. Sometimes I just wear this on its own if I want a bit of make-up on but not too much. I would definitely recommend people try it. You can buy it from Boots here for £7.99.

6- What is your favourite type of blog post to read?

I do like personal posts, not because I'm nosey or anything, ha :-o, but because I think they invite you to get to know a person better. Sometimes, personal posts can strike up a convo and a great friendship. I like hauls aswell, I like to see what's out there and especially kitsch, quirky hauls with unique items. I love things that are a little different!

7- What is the most you have ever spent on a beauty product and what was it?

I think the most I have ever spent on an individual beauty product is £33 and that was for Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. I have only bought it once, but loved it and will definitely re-purchase it, probably so I have it for my wedding.

8- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Ooh this is a hard one as me and Si love travelling and we have been to some lush places. America would be a major choice in this decision, maybe Los Angeles or California. It would be hard being so far away from family though, espesh my mom. I'm still getting used to being just 20 mins down the road from her ha ha!

9- Do you prefer Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?

On the whole, I prefer Summer, without a doubt.

10- What are you most looking forward to this year?

Well a big thing has already happened this year, two things actually: we have moved into our own place and booked our wedding abroad, so earlier on this year those were two things which were exciting and I was looking forward to. Now I am looking forward to organising everything to do with our wedding really, we have also got a few special occasions to go to this year, weddings mainly (one where I am a bridesmaid :)), so we are looking forward to those too. It will be good to see Si starting uni aswell to get into teaching.

11- Do you have a guilty pleasure, if so, what is it?

What some people call trash TV is a guilty pleasure of mine, I love all the reality shows! Baby food aswell, I like eating it, but it feels wrong. I also love Yorkie bars and a cuppa t of an evening as a treat...dip it in, chocolate melts, eat it, melts in mouth, mmmmm!

Here are my answers to the questions Bec set for me:

1- What is your favourite fashion mag to read?

My favourite fashion mags are Now, Company and Grazia.

2- What is your favourite social networking site and why?

Twitter! I love the easiness and straightforwardness of Twitter and just feel it's a great place to connect with other bloggers or vloggers, aswell as companies. I suppose Facebook does the same but I don't like Facebook in general to be honest and hardly go on there for my personal profile. My Twitter is separate though and was set up for what I do in terms of blogging and writing and of course general chat with lovely peeps :).

3- What was your latest high street purchase?

A few weeks ago I bought a few plain and bright pocket t-shirts from Primark, just because I don't have many casual, loose t-shirts and wanted some with the hot weather to tuck into shorts/skirts.

4- How did you first start and get into blogging?

This question is similar to Nyssa's first question. See answer above :).

5- What are your plans for the summer?

My plans for the summer at the moment are to continue doing things to our new flat, organising wedding stuff for our wedding next year, continue to blog (more!) and go to loads of parties and weddings that are coming up :).

6- What is your job status and position?

My trained vocation is as an administrator, particularly in the care and unemployment sector. At the moment though I am working freelance, as a writer. Now I am living within the centre of our town, I do want to try and find something else part-time, whether in admin or something different, maybe just retail. It's just finding a job for starters and then finding a job that I can enjoy and be happy in. I know sometimes you can't be picky, but it's important that you enjoy where you work and are happy there the majority of the time, there's no point wasting your life being miserable in a job. Been there, done that and never again. I am not naive in any way, I know most people go to work not wanting to, but there are some people that enjoy where they work and that's what I mean and hope to find.

7- What is one make-up piece you couldn't live without?

Probably Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream or Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection Concealer. Love these products! Has anyone else used them?

8- Topshop or Zara?

I think I'd choose Topshop, mainly because we have one in our town centre, so I do actually go in there. I haven't been in a Zara for yonks and don't tend to shop online that much, especially not at the mo...trying not to splurge cause of our wedding!

9- What is your favourite thing about blogging?

I enjoy getting to know lovely people, mainly via Twitter but other platforms too. It's a fab feeling knowing people follow your blog or follow you on Twitter because they are interested in your blog and what you write about. I also love getting comments, they make my day and I love replying. So, my favourite thing overall is the lovely people you get to know/meet through blogging/getting your blog out there.

10- What is the first song on your I-pod/music playlist?

I'm looking on my I-phone, as it's right next to me. The song is...'About A Girl' by The Sugababes.

11- Do you prefer outfit posts inside or out and why?

Erm, I don't particularly mind to be honest. I suppose outside there can be some beautiful surroundings and I have seen some gorgeous backgrounds. Overall, I don't mind though. I wouldn't not look at an outfit post because it was inside, put it that way :).

My nominees
Laura from Elle Dees Beauty
Alana from Alana Gets Healthy
Charlotte from Blot And Reapply

My 11 questions for my nominees
1- What one piece of advice would you give to someone who wants to start blogging?
2- If you could only do your make-up or hair every day for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
3- What's your favourite scent?
4- What's your favourite drink (soft or alcoholic)?
5- Bikini or swimsuit?
6- What's one thing you are proud of doing in your life?
7- What's your favourite savoury or sweet dish?
8- What's your favourite type of post to write?
9- Large group of friends or one or two really close friends?
10- What's the best thing that's happened for you since blogging?
11- What's your favourite film?

Don't forget to comment below with the link to your 'Liebster Award' post, I'd love to read your answers! You can tweet me aswell @GemsGemz86.

Thanks lovelies!
Gem XxOo

6 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I've just answered your questions. You can have a read here:

    http://nicolastewartgalton.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/new-house-and-my-liebster-award.html

    How are things your end? Hope everything's going well for you.
    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for answering my questions lovely! Have commented on your post :).

      Things are good thanks, still busy organising things for our wedding next year! All good fun! :).

      Hope you're well overall hun!

      Gem xx

      Delete
    2. Got your sweet comment on my blog! Thank you, am loving the new house :).
      Best of luck with the wedding planning!
      Nicola xx

      Delete
    3. You're welcome hun! Thanks so much, hope you continue to enjoy my blog, lots more to come soon :) xx

      Delete
  2. Just to let you know I've also nominated you for the Liebster Award, really enjoy reading your blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! It means a lot that you enjoy reading my blog. Hopefully you will continue to do so :).

      Gem xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...