Adsense

Monday 1 December 2014

BLOGMAS Day 1: The Christmas Tag...


Hi lovelies! I'm so excited to be doing Blogmas this year! This is my first year taking part, so I wanted to have a go as it'll be something fun and different for my blog :).

Through research I've seen that there are different versions of Blogmas, so just to let you know, I'll be blogging every day from the 1st of December to the 24th of December. I have already planned my posts so hopefully you'll all enjoy reading about what I get up to over Christmas, traditions, my loves etc.

I love reading your comments and reply to all so I hope you like my posts enough to comment, like and follow if you're feeling extra generous this festive season! I thought I'd start with 'The Christmas Tag' so you can learn a bit more about me and what goes on at Christmas in my life :)...

1. What is your favourite Christmas movie?

I actually have a few favourite Christmas movies. I'm not sure if anyone could choose just one?! I love Miracle on 34th Street, this is one I've watched year after year since it first came out. The Polar Express is another great movie, really magical and sucks you in from start to finish, to the point where you feel like a kid again. I love The Grinch, it's so funny, a real feel good, Christmassy comedy. I also like to watch Arthur Christmas, Elf and Nativity.

2. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

Me and my sister always had this tradition when we were growing up where we were allowed to open one present on Christmas eve evening, before we went to bed. So we always used to open one from a friend and then the rest on Christmas morning. Our parents used to keep our gifts from them hidden away so it was a total surprise on Christmas morning but other gifts from friends and family were put under the tree when we received them :).

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?

I always remember when me and my sister were little that we'd wake up about 8/9 and go into our parents room and try and wake them up whilst opening our stocking gifts. Then when we finally managed to wake them up, dad would lead us down the stairs where the living room door was always shut and he would always say 'let me have a look first to see if HE has been'. We used to laugh all giddy and excited and then he used to open up the door and we could see our presents and we'd go running in. I even remember me and my sister had specific places where we would sit and our presents would be laid out ha ha. He used to try and keep that up for years, even as we were getting older as he knew he wouldn't be able to do it for much longer.

4. What is your favourite festive food?

I'm not a massive fan of Sunday dinners usually so when Christmas dinner comes around I usually really look forward to it and enjoy it as I don't really have those kinds of dinners too much throughout the year. I love cheese but even more so at Christmas time. Cheese always seems to be mentioned around this time of year. There's always someone in the family that will be like, 'ooh, we'll have to get a bit of cheese in for the cheese board' ha ha!

5. What is your favourite Christmas gift?

A trip to New York. This was an early Christmas gift from my hubby (after we were engaged but before we were married). It was in 2010 and he tried to book it as a surprise for just before Christmas but he was that excited he couldn't wait to the point where we were on the plane so he had to tell me a few months in advance. It was amazing though!

6. What is your favourite Christmas scent?

I'm not sure whether this question means scent in terms of perfume or a Christmassy scent so I'll answer both. Perfume scent has to be Gucci Rush. I tend to associate this fragrance with Christmas as I tend to receive it as a gift. It was my first designer perfume and I can't remember if I brought it myself or received it as a gift the first time, but it's soooo nice. One scent that stands out to me more recently in terms of a Christmassy scent is the Christmas Garland candle from Yankee Candle. It just smells like Christmas in a jar. Think real Christmas trees, pine and the outdoors and it describes this candle. It's gorgeous and so nice to have in the home at this time of year.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?

I mentioned above about me and my sister opening a gift on Christmas Eve evening when we were younger. This doesn't happen any more as me and Si live in our own place now. As I've got older it's more about having some mulled wine or hot Pimms with apple juice and cosying up watching the Christmas soaps and a good Christmas film...in new Christmas pyjamas, of course! :).

8. What tops your tree?

When I was at mom's house it was an angel that she had since I was a baby and now we have our own tree, it's a star for the time being. Maybe when we have children we'll get an angel and have it for years like my mom.

9. As a kid, what was one (crazy, extravagant) gift that you always asked for but never received?

I was asking my mom about this earlier and she couldn't remember :/. So I'm not sure I can answer this as I actually can't remember asking for anything out of the norm!

10. What's the best thing about Christmas for you?

I really love the whole build up to it. From the end of October I start to get excited, as you start to see all the Christmas stuff in the shops, the Christmas adverts, Christmas songs start playing everywhere and people just start getting prepared. It's so much fun organising things with family and figuring out who's going where or who's cooking what. I love everything about Christmas! I love buying gifts and I really take notice of what people say when they mention casually 'oh, that's cool' or 'I really like that', even though they are probably purposefully throwing hints ha ha.

What are you most looking forward to this Christmas?

Don't forget to comment, like and follow to keep up to date with the rest of my Blogmas posts :).

Thanks so much for reading lovelies!
Gem XxOo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...